Please avail yourself to the following ways to stay connected:
Every student/parent/guardian must update their Charms account at the beginning of the season. You are encouraged to utilize Charms throughout the season as a tool to view the calendar, contact staff, keep your own contact information up-to-date, check in on loaned items (as applicable), and more. There are not separate student and parent/guardian logins for Charms. Both students and their parents/guardians share the same login and access.
Access Charms in a browser at www.charmsoffice.com, or on your mobile device by downloading the “Charms Blue” app.
How do I update/access our Charms account?
- Click here to go to the Charms login area.
- Click the blue “LOGIN” button in the upper right hand corner and select “Parents/Students/Members.”
- In the pop-up dialogue box, enter qvhsinstrumental as our school code, followed by clicking the blue “ENTER CHARMS” button.
- In the middle-left portion of the page under “Student Area Password:” enter the student’s last name first initial (ex. nevillec) and click the blue “ENTER” button.
- If multiple children in your family are in the marching band and have the same first initial and last name, add an additional letter (ex. nevilleco, nevilleca, etc.)
- If your child has a hyphenated last name, such as Fisher-Neville, leave out the hyphen (ex. fishernevillec)
- You will be prompted to change your password. Enter your last name first initial again in the top space, and then select a password that student AND parent/guardians will use and easily remember to enter and confirm in the second and third spaces. Use 8 or more uppercase and lowercase letters and at least one number. Do not use symbols. Enter a password hint in the fourth space if you’d like
- Once you are at the main screen, scroll down and click “Update Info”
- Update the following info on the student screen: Name, Address, E-mail (Enter QV e-mail ONLY!), T-Shirt Size, Marching 20-21? (Write the word “YES” if you’re in!), and Marching Inst? (what instrument do you play in marching band? Write “guard” if in colorguard). You may add other information on the student page at your discretion except please DO NOT ENTER STUDENT PHONE NUMBERS.
- On the bottom of the student screen, if you are a returning member, you should see the name(s) of parent(s)/guardian(s) there. Click through and ensure that the information listed for you is accurate. Please make sure the parent/guardian e-mail addresses are correct, reliable, and addresses you actually want us to use (if you don’t want to be e-mailed at work, don’t enter your work e-mail address). You may click on the “Add Adult” button to add the contact information for additional parents/guardians who should be receiving regular Marching Band communication.
- On the bottom of the student screen if you are a new member, if there is not a parent/guardian listed, click the “Add Adult” button to enter parent/guardian information. There must be at least one parent/guardian on file for your student.
- ALL PARENTS/GUARDIANS SHOULD PROVIDE A RELIABLE, CORRECT E-MAIL YOU ACTUALLY WANT US TO USE IN CHARMS.
Watch the tutorials here:
Sign up for text alerts for the Quaker Valley Marching Band through Remind in one of two ways:
- Download the Remind app for your cellular device. Search for @qvmb and subscribe to reminders.
- Text “@qvmb” to 81010 to be added to our text alert system.
Follow our Twitter feed in one of two ways:
- If you’re on Twitter, follow us @QVHSBandOrch. In your settings, you can choose to get an alert every time we post if that would be helpful for you.
- Follow the Twitter feed on the home page for this website simply by going to www.qvsdmusic.com